[plug] GUI FTP

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Aug 20 14:05:07 WST 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> Probably no advantage other than the fact that I like staying in the GUI
> environment on my desktop (ie select and drag to the ftp client - bang
> uploaded!)
>
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:53, Bret Busby wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
> > > what are people using for GUI ftp clients?
> > >
> > > Tried Kbear and didnt like it much at all as it runs a separate ident
> > > process each time you upload/download then doesnt kill it.... mmmm system
> > > resources...
> >
> > With the nature of ftp, is there any real advantage in having GUI ftp?

So, GUI ftp does not provide a scenario, where you can graphically show
source files within the source directory on the source host, and drag
and drop them into a target directory on a target host (like a GUI file
manager, copying between directories)?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Doglas Adams, 1988