[plug] Debian - Win2K Dual Boot

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Aug 20 18:48:50 WST 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 06:22:08PM +0800, ryan at is.as.geeky.as wrote:
> > I have been asked to set up a dual boot system, Debian (Woody) and Windows
> > 2000.
>
> > Could anyone who has completed this point me in the right direction and
> point
> > out any pitfalls that might befall me.I have exactly this setup on a work
> laptop.
>
> I have exactly this setup on a work laptop.

I was a little more paranoid. One physical disk is Windows, and one is
Linux, and never the twain shall meet! I installed Win2K on a system with
the Linux disk *unplugged*. Then I put them back, with the Linux disk
as /dev/hda and the windows one as /dev/hdb (or hdc). Windows can
muck around with one disk as much as it wants, and I /should/ be safe...
one hopes....

  James

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to