[plug] PostgreSQL & web page interface

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Wed Aug 21 22:25:16 WST 2002

I'm gonna jump in straight away before Tony or James can say anything about
MySQL and say "YAY POSTGRES!" :) Tony will probaby promote perl as the language
of choice to interface between your database and your web-browser. And he's
probably right, however I'm lazy :) and use PHP. Its easy to learn, fairly
feature-full and quite powerful. However, I'm saying all this without having
every programmed in perl before. I will say that I picked up PHP in a night -
went from having never seen the language to writing a pretty simple online form
in a night without having seen PHP or SQL before.
   If you're looking for a general maintainence interface then phppgadmin is
pretty functional. Its packaged for debian and is easy to install and use.
    Well, thats my 5c worth. :)

Regards,
Adrian Woodley
Diskworld Computer & IT