[plug] recycling a P75 using Linux?

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Thu Aug 22 11:46:35 WST 2002

I have an old P75 computer sitting in the cupboard, a Digital Venturis 575 -
a nice little machine.  I was thinking of using it as a fax machine and
telephone answering machine.  Both my heat sensitive paper fax and my
answering machine are in need of updating and instead of spending around a
$1000 to replace both, I thought I would use the P75.  I also have an inkjet
and laser printer on my home office network.

The P75 is a left over from a satellite trial and has a legal copy of Win 98
SE on it.  I have a paid for and registered copy of Super Voice (fax, data,
voice, bulletin board, answering machine, multiple mailbox managing
software) on another computer, so I could go that way, if necessary, but I
would prefer to load Debian onto the P75 if there is a fax/answering machine
software package out there in Linux land ... it would be much more stable
and compatible with the other Linux machine on my network.

Does anyone know of such software?

Kind regards,

James Elliott