[plug] A question for perl hackers

bob bob at fots.org.au
Thu Aug 22 19:45:42 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 17:21, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:58, bob wrote:
> > Yah, every now and then I see something like this being done in Perl and
> > remember why I like REXX so much
>
> What can I say? (-:
>
>     http://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/brexx/html/rx.html

I use Regina for its cross platform[1] compatibility and SysUtil
library.
http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net/index.html

[1] Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc. and also to OS/2, eCS,
DOS, Win9x/Me/NT/2k/XP, Amiga, QNX, BeOS, MacOS X, EPOC32, AtheOS,
OpenVMS and OpenEdition (write once run anywhere... now where have I
heard _that_ before :)

Speaking of which don't forget NetRexx! write code in rexx (with some
extra syntax)  run that through netrexx and out pops a Java class!
http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/netrexx/

Mike Cowlishaw is a _very_ clever man ( wrote rexx + netrexx amongst
many other cool things he's done. An IBM Fellow )

> ...and for Apache...
>
>     http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/modrexx

That is very cool. Thanks for pointing it out to me (even though its
only available as an i386 bin... grumble grumble)

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.