Fw: [plug][protocol] no attachments please

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 23 11:37:56 WST 2002

> So I think this current poll is flawed.  It has no option for allowing
> attachments only for NECESSARY purpose - limited by senders' sensibility.
> Or allowing requesting attachments via another form (eg webpost, alternate
> list, etc. I don't know what other technical means might be sensibly used?)
> Too much to ask?  Or shouldn't I ask?
>
> Kind Regards,
> wayne.

Perhaps I have not followed this thread closely enough, but what is the
problem with attachments?  Besides the odd virus which will only affect
a very small minority of windows users that don't have adequate
protection, for the life of me I cannot see the problem.  As Leon
demonstrated with his pppd attachments they have their uses.  If you can
handle 'necessary' attachments then why are 'unnecessary' attachments a
problem?

Regarding signed postings- if someone thinks it is necessary or
desirable to sign their own mail, who has the right to complain?  Is a
signed message so hard to handle?

Tim Bowden