Fw: [plug][protocol] no attachments please

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Aug 23 11:44:27 WST 2002

On 23 Aug 2002, Tim Bowden wrote:

> Perhaps I have not followed this thread closely enough, but what is the
> problem with attachments?  Besides the odd virus which will only affect
> a very small minority of windows users that don't have adequate
> protection, for the life of me I cannot see the problem.  As Leon
> demonstrated with his pppd attachments they have their uses.  If you can
> handle 'necessary' attachments then why are 'unnecessary' attachments a
> problem?
>
> Regarding signed postings- if someone thinks it is necessary or
> desirable to sign their own mail, who has the right to complain?  Is a
> signed message so hard to handle?
>
> Tim Bowden

The response is simple; if you do not have copies of all of the
messages, read the messages in the archive. (I have seen similar

No good will come from reviving all the arguments again - it has already
been discussed ad nauseum, on the list.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988