[plug] php installation

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Aug 26 10:17:46 WST 2002

On 25 Aug 2002, Jon L. Miller wrote:

> I noticed that PHP4 requires a few ...-devel packages.  I have to assume
> this also means that the main package has to bve installed as well is
> this true?

No you can have a xyz-devel package installed without the xyz package.
There a a few packages that require xyz before xyz-dvel will install but they
are few.

Having said that I'm talking from RedHat 6.x I still haven't played with any
of 7.x serries, as I was uninpressed with 7.1 when I tried it.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!