[plug] Perl GUI Debuggers

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 15:55:04 WST 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 13:52, Colin Muller wrote:

> >    http://world.std.com/~aep/ptkdb/
> >
> > Does anyone know of any other handy Perl Debuggers along the same lines?
>
> Komodo from Activestate has all sorts of debugging possibilities. Not
> fre, but you can download an evaluation version; I found it not to my
> taste.

Thanks, I might give it a go.
Actually, the tk one is growing on me. It's quite powerful - just a little
clunky due to the interface.

> In the end, I've decided that my preferred debugging environment
> consists of "-w", "use strict", and warn and print statements.

So do I usually. This is the first time in my long and detailed Perl Coding
career that I've resorted to such a tool, and I'm finding it great to be able
to query values live as the script executes. ^_^;;

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |