[plug] RH7.x

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Aug 27 10:38:51 WST 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Brian Tombleson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:24:56 +0800
> From: Brian Tombleson <brian at paradigmit.com.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] RH7.x

So, as the chairman of the SLPWA, you would allow criminal defamation to
be a practice in the SLPWA, as the SLPWA is "not a vigilante group"?

So much for standards, and, so much for the reputation of Linux, and, of
the SLPWA, and of the PLUG.

Oh, and, regarding  the "take it to the courts", perhaps, Jeremy could
advise you, as to roughly how much it would cost to get such an action
up, and, why member so the general public, therefore, do not launch such
actions, as they are prohibitively expensive.

That is one reason why mailing lists generally impose some standards on
acceptable conduct (and, as otherwise publishers of the defamations, to
protect themselves againmst litigation).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988