[plug] php 4 installation problem

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Aug 28 15:38:03 WST 2002

> Again this is stupid, you _should_ be able to install the devel stuff for
> an application.  Just because you want to compile stuff that works with MySQL
> doesn't mean you want to use MySQL!

True, but I think you'll find that a lot of the time a "-devel" package
that didn't require its related package would have to carry some or a
lot of overlap with that base package. This makes packing messy and
almost requires a "mysql-common, mysql, mysql-devel" to all exist...
*blech*. This is likely to be the case at least some of the time, and
better to be consistant anyway I think.

Its not that bad anyway IMHO.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)