[plug] Mail Filtering

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Aug 28 16:04:19 WST 2002

How does such a procmail script confirm that the message REALLY came from
callen at corpus.wa.edu.au?

Anyone can send an email claiming that address.  If it doesn't have any
wacky-doo way of checking the sender, is putting some kind of 'secret' line
in the file and not parsing if it isn't found a good idea?  Or parse the
headers for the originating ip/hostname/etc (that has even more short-falls
though).

(I have no knowledge of procmail)

Ryan