[plug] strange diff error

Buddrige, David BuddrigeD at logica.com
Thu Aug 29 17:43:19 WST 2002

Hi all,

I am currently experiencing a very strange error from (I think) the diff
command.

Here is the output to stderr from a script that I have written to call diff
on a number of files - the output being simply whether they are different
or not (using the --brief  option

diff:
/view/rt1/vobs/sct/dev/doc/sctdsdd/source/./hdr/isclib/Combo2PartBox.C.i:
Function not implemented
diff:
/view/rt1/vobs/sct/dev/doc/sctdsdd/source/./hdr/isclib/Combo2PartBox.H.i:
Function not implemented
diff:
/view/rt1/vobs/sct/dev/doc/sctdsdd/source/./hdr/isclib/Combo2to1Box.C.i:
Function not implemented

Has anyone seen this error before and knows what it means?

cheers

David Buddrige.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.