[plug] mdk 9 probs

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Dec 5 11:36:22 WST 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, John Knight wrote:

> G'day all!
>
> I compiled a kernel on my SuSE box and didn't realise how dangerous modules
> can be. Anyway, now that I have a Mandrake box (snigger), I'm finding it
> infuriating!

Heh?   how excatly are modules dangerous?

> Anyway, I've got two major hassles atm, firstly, I can't get my mouse to run
> with the two buttons and scroll wheel, it's still using a two button mouse
> with 3 button emulation (which I chose by accident). Can any fellow mdk
> users with a two button mouse with a clickable scroll wheel (for button 3)
> please send me a sample of their config file (just the mouse bits)? I think
> it's /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 from memory.

Not mandrake but generic X
---
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
---

> The other hassle that I can't really be too specific about (sorry) is that I
> can dial in to cantech with no worries, username and password all goes fine
> and it says I'm logged on, but I can't use a browser and then Mandrake
> weirdo tool reckons I'm not online. Would anyone be able to give me a few
> tings to check out so that I can go off and figure it out from there?
> Perhaps my network card is conflicting with gateway settings etc? Could I be
> using the wrong authentication method, and if so, would I still be able to
> get online (PAP from memory, I'm on a win2k box atm)?

*cough*
you could try asking CanTech Online support fisrt
*cough*

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!