[plug] [OT] IDSL question

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Dec 8 00:33:13 WST 2002

> >Utilitel is a good step in the right direction and when
> >they come fully online it should give telstra a /real/ shock.
>
> Yes, but... same shared-facility issues as wireless.

Umm... not really. AFAIK Utilitel is laying fibre around the state
during normal gas and power works, and I don't really see how thats much
of a shared facility. Well, no more than a DSL line to an exchange with
a shared ATM uplink is. Then again I don't know that much about what
they're doing really, info isn't too easy to come by - could be
completely wrong.