[plug] [OT] What is a Windows Freeze?

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 8 13:05:51 WST 2002

Thanks for that. So in short there is no easy way to fix it except reaching
for the reset button. Well I will just have to fork out the extra money for
the full version of the midi composer as I am limited 10 saves per a file
in the evaluation version.
Tim
At 22:25 07/12/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>On Saturday 07 December 2002 01:22 pm, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> > I was wondering what exactly happens when windows freezes.
>
>Its spirit has gone to the Great Motherboard In The Sky, to contemplate the
>mantra `If Microsoft made something that didn't suck, it would be a vacuum
>cleaner'. On a serious note, it's probably in a neverending loop with
>interrupts disabled.
>
> > So... What is the CPU doing, what is the OS doing?
>
>Spinning or halted, and sucking, respectively. (-:
>
>Cheers; Leon

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA

Australian Linux Technical Conference, Perth 2003 http://linux.conf.au -