[plug] Linux compatiible inkjet printers

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Dec 10 12:10:34 WST 2002

> Some advice would be appreciated - my Epson stylus color 740 printer has
> died and as much as I hate the thought of additional expenditure at Xmas
> time, I'll have to buy a new one. Does anyone have some experience of a
> similar printer which won't burk under Linux?
> Obviously running expenses will have a bearing.

My first bit of advice would be: unless you need colour, get a basic
laser printer and bask in the joy of not being party to the inkjet
cartridge scam (self-destructing printers when faced with refilled or
non-manufacturer carts are NOT ok!).

When I get around to buying a printer for home, I'll probably get a
fairly nice laser printer with an internal PostScript RIP. Sure, it
costs a bucket, but there's nothing like having to replace your toner
p'haps once a year and having it reasonably priced, too. The quality is
usually better, they're much nicer to use under linux, etc etc.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)