[plug] Samba PDC - Global Groups

Nathan Alberti nathan at nathanalberti.com
Tue Dec 10 13:12:32 WST 2002

I've gone through the job of setting up a Samba PDC to replace our very
average NT4.0 server. Its authenticating fine and I have the domain
admin group working, the only problem I have hit is creating global
groups to limit access by group domain wide.

>From what I have read Samba (latest) does not have support for this,
I didn't see any indication of it being included in the 3.0 release
and I'm not 100% sure about TNG. Has anyone overcome this issue or
have any experience with a similar configurations ?

Regards,

Nathan.