[plug] Linux compatiible inkjet printers

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Dec 10 18:32:05 WST 2002

> The only thing I can say is avoid lexmark :(

oh, and CONSIDER THE PRICE OF INK. Bastards. From what I've heard, Canon
printers are designed to be destroyed by refilled cartridges (special
ciruitry the only purpose of which is to fry when inked, warranty makes
a specific exception for that part), and Epson claims that "non-epson
ink will damage your printer". Hmm. Probably will - wonder how long it
took their engineers to come up with a way to do it?

If anybody knows of an inkjet manufacturer who is not in on the
cartridge scam, I'd be very interested in hearing about it.