[plug] Peruvian Letter

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Dec 10 22:30:50 WST 2002

Hi PLUGers

While preparing some documentation for special purposes about OSS I find
that the Peruvian letter:

http://www.gnu.org.pe/resmseng.html

is inaccessible :-( Possible reasons are:

a) bandwidth cost due to slashdot et al fetching from the site,
b) technical failure due to .. (see above), or
c) for conspiracy theorists, M$ has threatened take-down for legal
(copyright) reasons. Hey, it is the dark force after all and it is fun to
speculate :-)

How fast can PLUG seek permission to mirror the letter from the good
congressman and get a local copy up on PLUG ?

I have some special people that need to see the letter and I'd rather not
send a link to the copy of google cache that I found:

http://www.sharoncolon.com/linux/msperu.htm

It looks a bit grotty that way.

Does anyone know who to email to ask, do we have to ask, and if asking is
the go, can get an email off tonight (Peru day) so's I can add this link to
a special document tomorrow daytime ?

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/