[plug] Terminal software

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Dec 12 18:22:08 WST 2002

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 10:16 am, Nathan Alberti wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a terminal/telnet program capable of an address book
> style function and automatic login scripts ?

Yeah, it's called `telnet'. (-:

> I.e. select device from list, Telnet's to device, runs login script
> etc..etc.

You can do that fairly easily with TCL, Ruby or anything else with GUI and
network ability.

There's even a program for doing the menu part of it from BASH, one program
for curses and prepend an x for gui, but the exact name's not in my mental
cache today. You could (ugh) also do it with xmessage.

> X based would be preferred as I'm trying to convert a M$ user who needs
> functionality similar to Terra Term or the like.

Er... PuTTY runs under WINE, and has sources too. (-:

Cheers; Leon