[plug] New on the list

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Dec 13 12:26:25 WST 2002

Hi People,

I've just joined the PLUG mailing list, and I thought I'd introduce myself.
(This sounds so much like "Hi my name is Fred and I'm an alcoholic")

I've recently moved to Perth, where I'm working in support and development
of system software for dinosaurs (IBM mainframes). I've been in the
business for over 20 years, but I discovered Linux in 1995, and ever since
then it's been a hobby of mine. At the moment I have a quadruple boot
machine with Win 98, SuSE 7.3, Mdk 9.0 and RH 8.0. I will be trying to
install FLEX/ES on my machine under one of the Linuxen to try out some of
the Mainframe OSes under Linux.

I have used Slackware, Corel, RH, Mdk, SuSE, Ygdrassil (anyone remember
that) and FreeBSD, as well as HP/UX.

Hope we have a long and rewarding relationship.

Cheers
RichardM