[plug] apt-get question

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Mon Dec 16 09:08:27 WST 2002

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 16/12/2002 09:04 AM
-----

                      Jon Miller
                      <jlmiller at mmtnetwo        To:       plug <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      rks.com.au>               cc:
                                                Subject:  [plug] apt-get question
                      14/12/2002 10:31
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>I think I've asked this before but received no replies.  Is there a way
>to tell apt-get not to install a certain package when doing an update of
>the entire system?

>Thanks
>--
>Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>
>MMT Networks Pty Ltd

If you check out a few copies of Linux Gazette (www.linuxgazette.com),
someone there mentioned changing the release number in the apt-get database
to something way higher than what was on the server. For example change
mozilla to release 99.99. This will prevent apt-get from updating it,
because any new release will be "down-level" to it.

RichardM