[plug] QVWM pager

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Dec 16 14:14:43 WST 2002

> I wish to disable the qvwm pager totally for a clients computer. I have
> looked in the man page and can't find anything that makes sense to me.

OK, I can't give a direct answer as I've never even used qvwm before.

apt-cache show qvwm:

---------------
Qvwm is a Window95 like window manager for X Window System.
  .
  The name is derived from 'q' standing for '9' (pronouncing '9'
  as [kju:] in Japanese) and 'v' standing for '5' in Roman numerals.
  .
  All of the possible features of Windows95 and complete features
  as a window manager will be realized in the future.

Have you considered an alternative window manager like XFCE or IceWM?
The latter is my personal choice and I have several ex-windows-users
here at work using it happily too. fvwm, fvwm2 and presumably qvwm are
IMHO quite ugly and clunky.

IceWM is very configurable, lightweight and user friendly. I strongly
suggest you give it a try as an alternative to the fvwm family.

Craig Ringer