[plug] [link] "Our" Chris Macdonald gets his name in the paper

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Dec 18 14:40:30 WST 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Leon Brooks wrote:

> UWA's senior lecturer in computer science and software engineering Chris
> McDonald said Unix was dropped from teaching around 1995,

!!!???? Cough!
Careful there Leon, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Unix(TM)© may
have been dropped, but Unicies live on.  Of course Linux is Unix, even if
nobody paid the licence fees for the name. So is GNU if it ever gets
finished, despite any claims to the contrary by rms.

 "if it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck ... "

--
    One seldom sees a monument to a committee.