[plug] adsl connection help

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 25 08:48:06 WST 2002

In 5.5 SME runs as a transparent proxy (all port 80 traffic to the
outside gets forwarded to the server's internal port 3128)
5.12 had transparent proxy as a contrib module

Is the SME server setup to look to the billion? ("admin console /
Configure This Server / (various steps) / 'do you have a gateway....'")
In bridged, pppoe, or routing modes I've never had a problem...

Regards,

CraigF

Off-Topic Note: SME 5.6 (ie 2.4 kernel) has been released to paying
customers already and the GPL free-download version is sitting on a
Mitel employee's pc at this very moment :)