[plug] adsl connection help

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Wed Dec 25 12:59:53 WST 2002

> > I'm prolly missing something really simple with my set-up too but, I am
> > using my Billion modem in router mode and I have to specify proxies if I
> > want to view anything on my Linux machine using the external IP address,
> > using my internal 192 addresses works fine.
>
> Have you set a defaultroute to the Billion? ie set it as your gateway.
> That would explain it. Otherwise you might need to describe it a bit more.

Yeah, billion is set as default route.
I'm using Red Hat 8 (no suggestions to change to Debian or BSD pls),
browsing from machines on my internal network to my linux box is fine using
an internal IP address, browsing from inside to my external IP I need to use
a proxy. I have asked some other people and they can browse to my external
IP fine.