[plug] Call for linmag Content!

indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 26 10:54:33 WST 2002

Hello all,

Hope you all had good festivities,
the target for the first magazine issue is now February and
the next meeting is scheduled for January 4th (details in another mail).

A major focus will be the Perth linuxconf, but we need every
scrap of content we can muster.

Non-linuxconf content should be submitted to me by Monday 20th January
at the latest. The sooner it comes in, the more time there is to bugfix,
so do us all a favour and try to do it before the last minute...

So far, the following people have volunteered content

	Chris Caston 	- Linux at the HQ Youth Centre
			- Linux Print Server article
	(Please pick one and finish it before moving on to the next one, Chris)

	John Knight 	- nividia howto

and Denis Brown made some noise about Peter J. Nicol's experience bringing
Linux into his workplace perhaps one of them would care
to turn it into an article?

This is nice, but we need more!
So if there is something you fancy writing about, or you have a friend you can
bully into writing, now is the time to spring into action.

People travelling to the Linuxconf :

We need you to write!

We want to hear about your general experiences or a speaker,
or workshop or mini-conf or someone interesting you can interview.

Linuxconf Articles due Friday 31st January.

Please confirm/deny your intention to write as soon as possible, but certainly
before the Jan 4th meeting. If we don't have enough content promised by then,
it's hard to see how the magazine can go ahead.

To reiterate :

- Make a promise to write by Jan 4th.
- General articles to be submitted by Jan 20th.
- Linxconf articles in by Jan 31st.

many thanks,

Indy.

---