[plug] Debian Woody -- installing Gnome

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Thu Dec 26 15:49:55 WST 2002

Hi Daniel,

I've had similar problems recently with one of the non-standard Debian
sources:
http://download.au.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/woody ./

It sometimes updates and sometimes doesn't. My guess is that these sources are
getting hit fairly heavily and are denying some requests due to the workload
(?) or are simply not functioning reliably like most mirrors do most of the
time. Either way, I recommend patience. Try again later. If it doesn't start
working in a day or two the problem might be at your end.

There may be a mirror of these sources too. Have you checked out
www.apt-get.org?

regards,
sol