[plug] New mailinglist member from the Netherlands!

Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter brenno at dewinter.com
Sun Dec 29 02:41:42 WST 2002

Hi Shayne,

Even worse I'd love to do so. I didn't want to brag about myself, but
I've been very active for some magazines reviewing other people's
articles and nagging to the editor-in-chief to change some things
(especially Windows & Networks made a shift partially inspired by me).
So yeah I'd love to help out! I helped with a Dutch Linux-magazine, but
also learned that it is hard to survive in this market (however there is
no better time than now - currently I'm working on an interview with the
VP of RedHat claiming that it will be only better now). We were
focussing on the business aspects and really had a cool magazine
(everybody said so). In the end we didn't make it, TenHagenStam pulled
the plug since their expectations were higher than we thought was
realistic. I think they did it six months early, because every lecture I
give I hear people saying that they miss it and that we were really
cool. So it's hard, but feasible. Amen :-).

And when possible even write for your magazine. I always love to ditch
some generic IT issues in favour of Linux focussed material. I suggest
we mail off-list or better meet up. Tomorrow I'll make my planning for
the trip (I'm making this a RTW-trip so that I can visit others as well.

Greetings,

Brenno.