[plug] poll, linmag

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Dec 29 11:55:26 WST 2002

Point taken, but with all the recent issues with IE and their swiss
cheese web browser you don't see much in the press regarding how bad it
is.  Some folks have been brainwashed so bad that they believe that is
the way it's suppose to be.  I've had clients say to me they thought
that was the way it's suppose to work (faulty) and they just reboot to
fix.  Then I asked them to calculate how many times in a week do they
"reboot" and how much time do they lose in production if you multiply
that by the number of employees.  believe it or not they still want to
go down the M$ path.
When you have companies such as Quicken telling all their consultants
not to support any issues regarding clients using Linux as their server
and the like.  The client finds it hard to make the change although they
can see the difference in cost and stability.  But they fear losing
their support contract with their vendor if they switch to Linux.

I just remind them of the difficulty we went through when companies
started switching from DOS and mainframe programs to Windows and now
everyone is comfortable with Windows it's the same thing switching to
Linux with one big exception, cost savings and stability is there from
the beginning.

So I just keep plugging away some make the change and other will take
time.  The real issue is getting these brainwashed CEO's, CIO and MS
consultants to take off the blinders and open their eyes.  MS isn't
going to be on top forever.

jlm

--
Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>