[plug] mysql ?

levsky at rave.iinet.net.au levsky at rave.iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 29 12:27:06 WST 2002

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 11:32:02AM +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> If I set a user with GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on *.* when there are a few
> tables and databases, do I need to issue the same command when I create
> a new database or table?

No.  Just remember to flush privileges.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* is equivalent to
INSERT INTO mysql.user values ('username','host','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y', etc etc etc) with the exception of a 'N' for Grant_Priv

So it applies to everything - even tables and databases that haven't
been created yet.

Cheers

Mark

--
Do not look into laser with remaining eye.