[plug] linmag banter, was: poll, linmag

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 29 12:50:35 WST 2002

I can understand this approach, but I think we have to be little more
cautious than that, how many people that genuinely want to buy straight *nix
mags will say, "I tought this was meant to be a Linux mag?" if we go over
the top with WINDOWS on our covers, for 12 issues worth. Perhaps a few
editions with this suggestion, but I'd prefer the approach that people like
my uncle or mum would prefer, "How to trace your family roots for free" etc.
This wasn't an actual suggestion, as this would appeal to 2 *nix nerds
(sorry Bret, hehe), but major promotion of practical usages that anyone can
use/is wanting to use. We're also after RESPECT, please remember that.