[plug] Just a proposal.... PLUG-OT

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Dec 29 13:39:17 WST 2002

On Saturday 28 December 2002 01:06 am, Peter J. Nicol wrote:
> That is, there is no provably (or falsifiably) right or wrong position.

Weeell... in that spirit, I assert that the problem is often not lack of
evidence, but lack of will among the participants to put serious effort into
investigating what has been said, combined with a propensity for tossing in a
generalising link rather than addressing the exact issues.

On a list specificaly designated as off-topic, at least this kind of
intellectual laziness is expected, so people don't waste so much effort
rendering arguments that are going to be ignored by social luddites.

> If there is to be such an OT list, then someone should run it as a personal
> thing, unaffiliated with PLUG.

Nah, it needs to be a rest-stop off the PLUG list, or it won't be productive.
The magic of OT discussions is that people who ordinarily wouldn't bother
(dare I say QED?) to participate get drawn in, often with interesting
results.

Cheers; Leon