Chris Castons Re: [plug] Debian

levsky at rave.iinet.net.au levsky at rave.iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 31 00:04:24 WST 2002

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:23:35PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> Yeah I had a go just then to try getting it working again.
>
> Cd burning is just one of those annoying things that don't work (easily)
> under Linux.
>
> Someone should just write native IDE burner support already.

Isn't that because the MMC{2,4} command sets which control CD writing
are actually extensions to the SCSI command set?  Even under windows
you need the translation - that's what the ASPI drivers are for.
Linux's IDE SCSI Emulation is really doing the same thing.

Cheers

Mark

--
Do not look into laser with remaining eye.