[plug] querying an ntp server

Buddrige, David BuddrigeD at logica.com
Fri Feb 1 11:03:52 WST 2002

Hi all,

I am currently trying to set up a linux server to synchronise its time with
another machine using ntpd.  I have been going through the documentation
that I have been able to locate on the internet (there does not appear to be
a man page), and I _think_ I have it configured correctly.  However in order
to check that it is operating as normal, I need to be able to determine what
the ntp server's time is set to so that I can subsequently compare it with
the time on my local machine.  Unfortunately, I don't have a login on the
remote machine - it is on a client site on the other side of town.  Is there
a command that can be used to query the time on an ntp server?

thanks heaps in advance

David.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.