[plug] quakefest

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Mon Feb 4 00:20:42 WST 2002

I'd be interested playing/helping organise, whatever... probably like to
include "UT Infiltration" if anyone else is game.

No idea about Quake but i used to run a UT server for home lanfests off my
Laptop (400Mhz with 128mb Ram) that played well with 4 players and 12 or so
bots. (never had more players to test further though)

Another idea is to maybe put some teams (say 4 players each) together that
could gather at one location with some broadband access and play the other
teams. This way we dont need a big venue and everyone supplies their own
equipment at their own site. Also tactically your squad of 4 could easily fit
in a room and talk, plan and act as one.

Probably need to agree on an IRC room to meet and setup all games but could
be fun.

But since i havent got anything better than a 56k modem im not sure what the
bandwidth requirements would be (probably as much as possible) but all this
will change this week :)

mn