[plug] Backwards CDs

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Feb 5 13:33:04 WST 2002

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 10:03, Matthew Robinson wrote:
> From: "skribe" <skribe at amber.com.au> on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 1:50 AM
>> On Tue,  5 Feb 2002 09:43, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
>>> Should the worst happen you can bring the DAT's and a number of CD's to
>>> my work.

>> Keep in mind that UK CDs spin the wrong way.  Not unlike Phil Tuffnell
>> =).

> If this is the case then I won't bother to pack any of my CD's, thanks for
> the warning ;)

Skribe's got it wrong, the coating is on the other side of the CD. You have
to re-groove your CDs with a bit of #2 garnet paper. Put the CD tracks-down
on the paper garnet-up, place the heels of your hands over the spindle hole
on the CD, put your full weight on your hands and slowly spin the CD
counterclockwise.

It helps to mutter the invokation ``Ahwah targu si-yam'' as you do this.
Especially if you have witnesses. (-:

Cheers; Leon