[plug] Re: OT: posting ettiquette

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Feb 5 14:03:46 WST 2002

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 13:49, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
>> And/or don't post crap. (-:

> Actually - and im not trying to start anything here

After the flood, no raindrop wants to admit guilt. (-:

> in any way but isnt:

> "Skribe's got it wrong, the coating is on the other side of the CD. [etc]"

> regarded as crap in some circles?

Yes, but not these circles. It's generally a +1 funny here, unless you've
never seen it before in which case it's a +3 hilarous or a -5
bloody-dangerous depending on your temperament and how bright you are. (-:

> ???

You do realise that you were only one questionmark away from proving yourself
certifiably insane, don't you?* Four question-marks looks a bit incredulous
for such a simple interrogative. I think you meant to type ``in some
circles...?''

BTW, indenting with spaces instead of the generic greater-than symbol is
considered crap in some circles. That's not a flame, I mention the point for
information only. (-:

At least you didn't top-post.

> (please dont take this as a
> flame - mearly an observation!

We always do our morning toast with the gel-equipped Mark III and a long
fork. And never look to see if anyone's in the way.

Actually, it's surprising how touchy some people can be about a simple
correction. (-:

Cheers; Leon

* Yes, it _is_ a Pratchett reference. Mars Bar or near equivalent awarded to
the first poster who names the book. (-: