PLUG LANparty (was Re: [plug] quakefest)

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Tue Feb 5 18:09:13 WST 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 05:44:31PM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Peter Wright wrote:
> > Does anyone remember where it was held and/or who was involved?
>
> Yep, I organised the first 2 QuakeFests

Well done. :)

> The first one was held at Global Warriors, and it rocked
> (20-30 PLUGgers turned up, IIRC)

Might I inquire what Global Warriors is?

> The second one was held at the UCC ("The Loft" to be accurate) and it
> sucked.  Most likely because people weren't too keen on lugging their
> computers up 3 flights of stairs.

Yeah... good point actually. Well, it's certainly doable, but you really
wouldn't want to with a valuable machine. More directly, I wouldn't want to
with a 21" monitor. :)

> I don't have time to organise another one, but I'd definately try to
> attend one, if someone else organised it

If you can suggest a decent location (assuming the Global Warriors location
isn't available anymore), that'd be very helpful.

>  - Matt

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that