[plug] install prob - x-win screen

garry garbuck at tpg.com.au
Wed Feb 6 15:24:15 WST 2002

I have had trouble with my laptop.. but after i just let it be a 1024x768,
and not bother with telling it it is a lcd, all is well. YMMV, try a 800x600,
1024x768 and whatever magic numbers appeal to you! Be conservative on timings
though, you are better off at 8 or 15 bit colour than a blank screen..

Makes sense i guess, putting an external monitor is just a matter of plugging
it in. The abstraction of svga emulation on LCD is done in hardware, it seems.

HTH

Garry.

 screen. Unfortunatly, this is the part where you configure VIdeo card