[plug] 15 chrs/inch on HP 6P

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Feb 7 12:38:34 WST 2002

On Thursday 07 February 2002 11:59, Kyle Hargraves wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has ever set an HP 6P to a text size other than
> 10cpi.  Perhaps there is a line in the filters that can be changed .. ?

I've done a smaller font (maybe 17CPI?) on an older HPLJ using hpgl. It's
different from a dotmatrix in that the letters stay the same shape, so as
well as more CPI you get more LPI. You'd probably be changing a GhostScript
option to achieve this as a default. You're using plain lpr, I presume,
rather than lprNG or CUPS or something like that?

Cheers; Leon