[plug] WASP?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Feb 8 13:31:56 WST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, The Thought Assassin wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Bret Busby wrote:
> > $dig mx <domain name>
> > bash: dig: command not found
> > $
> > Please clarify.
>
> That looks to me exactly like you don't have dig installed.
> If you don't recognise that after several years of using bash, then I
> think it is time for you to give up on using Linux. If you did recognise
> that and were just trying to cause irritation, then I think it is time for
> you to give up on using Internet discussion forums.
>
> -Greg

I see - so now the WASP people are out to get me.

The meaning was simple, and, I would have expected even you to be able to
clearly understand it.

The syntax as given, did not work on my system.

I sought clarification. It could have been a syntax problem (that is the
usual reason for including the syntax of the command, in a posting where a
command does not work, along with the error message), or, it could have
been that the package was not part of the installation. It could also have
been that a normal user (one that is not root, in case you do not
understand that) does not have privilege to execute the command.

So much for the PLUG mailing list being a forum for learning about Linux,
and, for trying to understand problems relating to using Linux.

As said in previous message, obviously, different rules of conduct apply,
for different people on the list. That is unfortunate, as I have, apart
from the response above, received some constructive responses to the
query, and, one, significantly, that involves the possibility of using
apt-get on RH Linux. Given the reputability of apt-get, that is a quite
significant devlopment, apart from the current usability (or lack
thereof) of dig, on my system.

It is unfortunate that you were too involved in your attitude problem, to
bother trying to be helpful.

--
Bret Busby