[plug] Sorry, now completely off topic.

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Feb 8 23:45:17 WST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Anthony Jones wrote:

> On Friday 08 February 2002 19:31, Christian wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:38:23PM +0800, Anthony Jones wrote:
> > > P.S. It's fairly easy to tell if it's a crock - they never actually tell
> > > you what it is they're telling you about. Have you ever talked to someone
> > > peddelling Amway?
> >
> > I believe that Bret Busy sells Amway...

Since it has been raised, I make the following comments.

I believe that, in promoting either being an Amway Distributor (now named
an Amway Independent Business Owner), or, products or services from the
Amway catalogue, I do not try to conceal that it involves Amway. As a
small example, at the PLUG AGM, when the issue of insurance for the Linux
conference 2003, had been raised, I discreetly went to James Bromberger,
vice president for conferences, and advised him that I am an Amway
Distributor, and that Amway had an insurance part, Amway Financial
Services, and, that, if wanted, I could find whether they could assist,
or, were interested. Whilst nothing came of that, it is an example of the
way that I operate, regarding Amway. I believe that a person should be
open and honest, about whatever it is, in which the person is involved.

Whilst I am aware (from personal experience), that some Amway Distributors
are not so open about it, to me, to not be open or honest about it, is
wrong.

And, I am not trying to use this list to promote Amway, or, me as an Amway
Distributor - merely trying to clarify, as the reference was made to Amway
Distributors not being open about what they are promoting, and, the
reference was made to my being an Amway Distributor, that that is not the
way I operate.

And, neither do I impose, or, try to impose, Amway on people. I may tell
them, in passing, that I am an Amway Distributor, and, if they want to
discuss that, then I will discuss it with people, without hiding anything
about it, or, misrepresenting anything about it, for, to hide anything
about it, or, to misrepresent it, is, to me, wrong.

--
Bret Busby