[plug] Sorry, now completely off topic.

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sat Feb 9 06:56:54 WST 2002

phew, pissed as I am, I finally hit the reply button...took two more cans
though :)

On Friday 08 February 2002 16:45, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Anthony Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe that Bret Busy sells Amway...
>
> Since it has been raised, I make the following comments.
>
> I believe that, in promoting either being an Amway Distributor (now named
> an Amway Independent Business Owner), or, products or services from the
> Amway catalogue, I do not try to conceal that it involves Amway. As a
> small example, at the PLUG AGM, when the issue of insurance for the Linux
> conference 2003, had been raised, I discreetly went to James Bromberger,
> vice president for conferences, and advised him that I am an Amway
> Distributor, and that Amway had an insurance part, Amway Financial
> Services, and, that, if wanted, I could find whether they could assist,
> or, were interested. Whilst nothing came of that, it is an example of the
> way that I operate, regarding Amway. I believe that a person should be
> open and honest, about whatever it is, in which the person is involved.

Open and honest would have been to let everyone know where you where
from...not sneak up to the boss and say there is a tenner in it if you take
Amway Insurance...

> Whilst I am aware (from personal experience), that some Amway Distributors
> are not so open about it, to me, to not be open or honest about it, is
> wrong.
I've known some good ones and some bad....guess which lot you belong too?
See above!

> And, I am not trying to use this list to promote Amway, or, me as an Amway
> Distributor - merely trying to clarify, as the reference was made to Amway
> Distributors not being open about what they are promoting, and, the
> reference was made to my being an Amway Distributor, that that is not the
> way I operate.

Certainly doesn't sound like it too me...you have got a lot of milage out of
it already

> And, neither do I impose, or, try to impose, Amway on people. I may tell
> them, in passing, that I am an Amway Distributor, and, if they want to
> discuss that, then I will discuss it with people, without hiding anything
> about it, or, misrepresenting anything about it, for, to hide anything
> about it, or, to misrepresent it, is, to me, wrong.

Well stop talking about it and lets get back to linux...remember...whar rhe
list is about...You didn't have to reply and mention Amway 15 times...give or
take a few

tony