[plug] Sorry, now even further off topic (but still funny).

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Feb 9 20:43:31 WST 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 20:53, Anthony Jones wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2002 19:31, Christian wrote:
>> I believe that Bret Busy sells Amway...

> In that case I don't live in Leederville then. I live in Denim... yes.  I
> welcome vistors. He can drive up and see me any time.

Uh, it's Denham. And the fishing is great, I'm sure there's something
relevant in the Amway cattledog by now.

> Now completely off topic:

And getting wider of ``topic'' rapidly. (-:

> I get a number of people knocking at my door asking for donations, etc.
> They always say "Hi, I'm from the <insert charity here> and we save the
> trees, save frogs, etc.".

``I like <insert-subject-here> too, can we swap recipes?''

> One time I got a pair of guys knocking at the
> door and they started talking about September 11. For a start I don't
> exactly have mainstream views about what occurred but the main thing is
> that they hadn't said what organisation they were from. I asked them "What
> organisation are you from?". They were Jahovas Witnesses. I explained that
> they were wasting their time talking to me and said goodbye. Yet again a
> case of avoiding getting to the facts.

Ask them if the pyramids were stretched in situ, or in the USA, to give their
earlier prophecies another go around...

Cheers; Leon