[plug] Routing problem with PPTP VPN

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Feb 10 13:59:12 WST 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 12:17:41PM +0800, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> Except that, on another network I've set up, it works fine as-is.

Are you sure there's no firewalling issues? Does
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward contain "1"? I assume it does given
Kalgoorlie can ping the Perth machines (all of, yes?). Another thing
I can think of is make sure there's a "1" in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forwarding .

The routing table for Perth appears fine. More likely to be an issue
with either the kernel forwarding packets. As Simon suggested, running
tcpdump on the gateway on Monday could reveal a lot.

The last thing is Kalgoorlie's routing table - should have an entry
to route 192.168.1.0/24 through ppp1 with gateway 192.168.0.40. It
fits the facts that that line could be missing. Can we see that
machine's routing table?

Good luck,

Bernard.

--