[plug] Apache/Perl

Kim Covil Kim.Covil at csiro.au
Sun Feb 10 17:06:55 WST 2002

Either you haven't restarted apache and so the new configuration
settings have not taken effect yet and it is trying to get you to save
the .pl file itself or the script may not be sending the correct HTTP
headers and it is trying to get you to save the results of running the
script...

Try running 'lynx -head <url>' and look for a 'Content-Type: ....' line

if that line isn't text/html or something else the browser knows to
render internally it will just ask you where to save it...

Depending on how complex the script is you might be able to fix it
simply by adding the line 'print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";' near
the top of it...

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining  E-mail:  kim.covil at csiro.au
,-_!\
            PO Box 1130, Bentley,       Direct:  +61 8 6436 8638    /
\
            Western Australia  6102     Fax:     +61 8 6436 8555
*_,-._/
        Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au