[plug] Apache/Perl

Ryan ryan at prodigital.net.au
Sun Feb 10 23:15:07 WST 2002

At 05:42 PM 10/02/02 +0800, you wrote:

>The app in question is 'sql-ledgers' downloaded from
>http://www.sql-ledgers.org
>
>I have tried adding -w to the perl line at the top of the script, but
>nothing useful appeared in the logs.

I just downloaded the application from www.sql-ledger.org (no 's') and
installed in it /var/www/sql-ledger.

I added the exact directives mention in the installation instructions with
the modifications necessary to point to /var/www/sql-ledger to
/etc/apache/http.conf, didn't bother making a database or editing the
applications config files and it worked first go.

The only thing I can think that might be wrong with your setup is you are
using an old version of apache, in which case the directives are meant to
be it /etc/apache/srm.conf (or possibly /etc/httpd/srm.conf for
redhat?).  Recent versions of apache (about a year ago) consolidate all the
config files into one.  Though if you have put erroneous data in httpd.conf
is should spit the dummy when you restart apache.

I am using versions:

Server version: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) Debian/GNU
Server built:   Mar 26 2001 09:36:17

and

Server version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) Debian/GNU
Server built:   Nov 26 2001 22:47:51

Ryan

/me reneges previous CGI::Application and HTML::Template sales campaign