[plug] LFS

Adam Davin badger at arach.net.au
Mon Feb 11 08:33:10 WST 2002

I've just set up squid and junkbuster acting as a transparent proxy, one of
the "gotcha's" I came across in this expedition was that junkbuster does not
seem to be able to act transparently, and thus it is impossible to use
ipchains to directly re-route traffic to its listening port (ie from 80 to
5865).

I went to freshmeat and located a small proxy that did the job as an
intermediate (tproxy). Very easy to install and get running.

Setup now looks like this

incoming request port 80 -> port 81 tproxy -> port 5865 Junkbuster -> port
3128 squid.

Works well, especially for all those annoying adds etc... even blocks icq

Just some thoughts for anyone who's interested in this line.

Adam Davin

btw, for anyone not aware, junkbuster is a proxy for blocking all those
annoying advertising popups etc... also blocks cookies and general sites.
Very configurable.

<snip>